Ohhhh Desserts and all things yummy....

Mint Chocolate Marshmallow Chews

0

I had leftover crushed mint from our Christmas cookies and I love mint with chocolate so I came up with these.  They are melt in your mouth and are pretty much addictive.

I wish I had taken more pictures while making them but they are pretty easy to do.

2 cups crushed peppermint candy
1 cup Cream
¼ cup butter
18 large marshmallows
1 cup (6 oz) chocolate morsels (if you like sweeter you could use half milk, I prefer to use semi-sweet or darker)
2 cups mini marshmallows
Fine sea salt for sprinkling

Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees F. 
Remove from heat; add morsels, stir until morsels melt.  Fold in mini marshmallows.
Drop by rounded tsp. (work quickly) onto lightly butter wax paper; sprinkle with sea salt; cool.  Store in an airtight container.

Yield:  3 ½ dozen

0 comments:

Post a Comment